Allegisa, an internationally renowned testing facility, performed testing on MONAT’s products to confirm that all products are “non-irritating, hypoallergenic and dermatologically safe for their intended use on all skin types.”
To perform this testing, every MONAT formulation was tested over a six-week period on human volunteers* in either a 48-hour patch test or HRIPT (Human Repeat Insult Patch Test)
After the 48-hour patch test, Allergisa found no signs of redness or irritation, and on the HRIPT test no allergic reactions were seen.
Specifically, the conclusion of Allergisa’s test results are:
- During the study, no subjects presented skin clinical signs related to the product.
- The product did not induce a skin primary irritation process in the study group.
- The product did not induce a skin cumulative irritation process in the study group.
- The product did not induce a skin sensitization process in the study group.
- The product was considered safe under the study conditions.
- The claim “Dermatologically tested” can be supported.
“Product safety is our top priority. We invest millions of dollars in research and conduct thousands of tests each year to ensure MONAT products meet the highest standards of quality, safety and performance. The test results from Allergisa provide additional, third-party validation that MONAT premium hair care products are safe on all skin-types for their intended cosmetic purpose.” -Stuart MacMillan, President of MONAT Global.
In addition to the allergy tests by Allergisa, All MONAT formulations use ingredients, in concentrations, that the Cosmetic Ingredient Review (CIR), the FDA, Health Canada and the European Commission consider “safe for their intended cosmetic purpose. Allergisa is an independent testing laboratory founded in 1993 by Dr. André Vergnanini, a professor of dermatology at UNICAMP, in partnership with pharmacists and Samuel Guerra Filho, an expert in product development. A pioneer in its field, Allergisa started performing safety tests and evolved into efficacy assessments. Allergisa follows strict protocols that are standardized by national and international resolutions or validated by the strictest quality concepts.
“When we began formulating our premium hair care products, we tested everything. Our results from 2014 on REJUVENIQUE® found it to be safe. In addition to our supplier-proven ingredients, we test all products and formulations for safety and efficacy.MONAT Global stands behind our line of hair care products. We will continue to innovate and create products to give consumers the best possible hair care.” -Rayner Urdaneta, CEO & Co-Founder, MONAT Global.
*Volunteers for the study included male and female participants ranging in age from 18-68 with a median age of 42. The inclusion criteria for the volunteer test subjects are:
- Healthy subjects;
- Intact skin on test site;
- Agreement to adhere to the procedures and requirements of the study and to report to the Institute on the day(s) and the time(s) scheduled for the assessments;
- Ability of giving a consent for his/her participation;
- Aged 18 to 70 years old;
- Phototype I to IV (Fitzpatrick skin type classification based on skin pigmentation);
- Any Gender.