1. WHAT IS MONAT SKINCARE?
MONAT skincare features two easy-to-use routines based on skin type and products that target various skin concerns. The MONAT Skincare Matrix has 4 advanced skin technologies that enhance the collection. Use MONAT skincare daily, morning and night to reveal fresh, healthy looking skin. MONAT skincare is tested, vetted and proven to be non-toxic, and safe. The ingredients not in our products are as important as the naturally based ingredients we choose to use for our products.
2. WHAT IS THE MONAT SKINCARE MATRIX?
The MONAT Skincare Matrix is 4 skin advanced skin technologies that offer a full spectrum of benefits for luminous, youthful, and healthy-looking skin.
- REJUVENIQE S™ – MONAT’s famed proprietary signature is a cornerstone for skin looking it’s best at every age. This clinically proven ingredient combines the nourishing and revitalizing powers of 17 botanical oils and extracts with a patented, activated oil from olive and jojoba seed extract to infuse skin with immediate and long-lasting moisture, hydration, youthful resilience and instant luminosity.
- Natural fruit acids (AHA’s) – MONAT’s superfruit AHAs sourced from sugar, mango, banana, cajá to energize, brighten, and refine skin. The blend of acids, glycolic, malic, citric, mandelic, and tartaric acids, have different molecular weights that help support more rapid natural cellular turnover to lift the appearance of age spots, fine lines and wrinkles while simultaneously refining the appearance of pores and promoting radiance for healthy looking skin.
- Plant Stem Cells – These regenerating phyto-elements extracted from moss help lift, tighten, support collagen and defend the skin by providing antioxidant protection to guard against oxidative stress caused by the sun and other environmental elements. This powerhouse ingredient offers a full spectrum of benefits for luminous, youthful, healthy-looking skin.
- Peptide – Peptides are known for their skin rejuvenation ability, bio-active building block helps supports skin’s natural collagen to reveal tighter skin, improved texture, and an overall ageless appearance. MONAT’s exclusive Peptide helps skin to appear more cushiony, plump, supple, and youthful.
THE BE GENTLE™ ROUTINE…WHO IS IT FOR?
Be Gentle™ Skincare Routine includes our easy 4 step routine products to Cleanse, Prepare, Target, and Replenish your skin. It is best suited for dry, sensitive skin.
- Be Gentle™ Creamy Cleanser
- Skin Revitalizing Essence™
- Rewind™ Age Control Nectar
- Be Gentle™ Nourishing Moisturizer
5. THE BE BALANCED™ ROUTINE…WHO IS IT FOR?
Be Balanced™ Skincare Routine includes our easy 4 step routine products to Cleanse, Prepare, Target, and Replenish your skin. It is best suited for normal, combination skin.
- Be Balanced™ Foamy Cleanser
- Skin Revitalizing Essence™
- Rewind™ Age Control Nectar
- Be Balanced™ Lightweight Moisturizer
6. WHY SHOULD I INCORPORATE A MONAT SKINCARE ROUTINE?
MONAT sees skincare as a self-care micro-moment in your day that lets you take a deep breath, look in the mirror, and reconnect – as you Cleanse, Prepare, Target, and Replenish with products that are rich soothing and moisturizing, safe and highly effective. You deserve it! Enjoy it. Emerge clean, refreshed and ready to face the day with confidence and a bright healthy outlook.
7. WHAT CAN I EXPECT WHEN I SWITCH FROM MORE CONVENTIONAL SKIN CARE PRODUCTS TO MONAT SKIN CARE PRODUCTS?
As with any change in your skin care routine, the skin might go through a noticeable change or “transition phase” especially with the use of anti-aging products, natural fruit acids, and facial polishes that accelerate the normal skin exfoliation rate. These types of products may cause your skin to initially respond as impurities can be pushed to the surface. We recommend using the products for at least 4-6 weeks to see the full benefits of your new MONAT skincare routine
8. IS IT GOOD OR BAD IF I’M NOT NOTICING ANY PHYSICAL CHANGES IN MY SKIN?
Although it is not uncommon to visibly see skin cells shedding when you begin to use natural fruit acids in your skin care routine, it also doesn’t mean it’s not working if you don’t visibly see any shedding of the dead skin layer. MONAT skincare products are formulated with the most sensitive skin types in mind and therefore we included soothing and anti-inflammatory ingredients to soothe and moisturize the skin while gently improving cellular turnover. For more information on specific product performance please refer to our Product Information Sheets.
9. HOW DO I USE MY MONAT SKINCARE ROUTINE ALONGSIDE MY PRESCRIBED SKINCARE?
We recommend you consult your physician.
10. WHAT IF I HAVE A NEGATIVE REACTION TO A PRODUCT?
With MONAT, like with any other product line, not every product is perfect for every person. In the unlikely event you have a negative reaction discontinue use and consult your physician.
11. CAN YOU OVERUSE BERRY REFINED SCRUB™?
In general, if you follow the recommended product usage directions there should not be a problem with overuse. Recommended use is 1-2 times per week. You can customize your level of exfoliation by using less water for stronger exfoliation, or more water for a gentler exfoliation experience. Remove a small amount form the jar with the provided spatula. Apply to freshly cleansed damp skin. Gently massage over face, neck, and décolletage using circular motions. Be sure to avoid the eyes. For an extra treat, leave on skin for a 5-minute mask. For sensitive skin types, you may want to start off slowly and work your way up to 5 minutes. Thoroughly rinse off with warm water or with a wet, soft cloth after each use and gently pat dry the skin. For best results, always follow with your MONAT moisturizer.
12. HOW DO I USE REWIND™ AGE CONTROL NECTAR IF I’M USING A RETINOL PRODUCT AT NIGHT?
We recommend using Rewind™ Age Control Nectar during your morning routine and continuing your retinol product in your evening routine.
13. ARE THE FRAGRANCES IN MONAT SKINCARE PRODUCTS HARMFUL?
All the MONAT formulations (with fragrance included) have been clinically tested for safety to ensure that they do not promote irritation.
14. DOES MONAT SKINCARE CURE PRE-EXISTING SKIN CONDITIONS SUCH AS ROSACEA, ECZEMA, OR PSORIASIS?
No, we are a cosmetic company and do not claim to cure any medical conditions. All MONAT products are safe for their intended use and have undergone all required safety assessments for use in cosmetic products.
15. WHEN I HAVE PRODUCT QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, WHERE DO I GO?
Please always contact MONAT Customer Care to help address any product questions or concerns.
16. WHY DO WE RECOMMEND CLEANSING TWICE?
Very simply, the first cleansing takes away the environmental debris and makeup and the second cleansing offers added cleansing to help remove impurities and prepare the skin to receive the benefits of MONAT skincare products.
17. ARE YOUR SKINCARE PRODUCTS SAFE TO USE DURING PREGNANCY?
Our products contain a blend of natural fruit acids (AHA’s). Although AHA’s at lower level concentrations are typically safe to use during pregnancy, we recommend you consult with your physician.
18. CAN NATURALLY BASED PRODUCTS HAVE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT COLORS?
Naturally based products may have some color, viscosity or slight odor variations from time to time due to the raw materials used, but this does not affect the product performance or safety.
19. DO WE TEST ON ANIMALS?
No, we do not test on animals. In addition, we do not use any animal products in our formulations. We are cruelty free and Leaping Bunny Certified.
20. IS MONAT SKINCARE VEGAN?
Yes, MONAT skincare is Vegan.
21. DOES MONAT SKINCARE CONTAIN GLUTEN?
No, MONAT skincare does not contain gluten.
22. IS MONAT SKINCARE DERMATOLOGIST APPROVED?
Yes, MONAT skincare is clinically tested, and dermatologist-approved.
23. IS MONAT SKINCARE SAFE FOR THE EYE AREA?
Yes, MONAT skincare is clinically tested, and ophthalmologist-approved.
24. HOW DO I CLEAN THE EYE ROLLER THAT CAME WITH MY EYE SMOOTH™?
We recommend sanitizing the eye roller with 70% rubbing alcohol and allowing it to fully dry before using it again. Best practice is to not share your eye roller with others to avoid cross-contamination.
25. WHAT COUNTRIES ARE MONAT SKINCARE PRODUCTS APPROVED IN?
MONAT skincare product formulas are approved in United States, Canada and Europe.
26. AT WHAT AGE SHOULD YOU START MONAT SKINCARE?
It’s important to establish a regular skincare routine that includes AHAs, antioxidants, peptides, and hydration in your twenties for prevention. What you do in your earlier years will play a huge role in how well you age through the years.
27. DOES SKIN EXPERIENCE SEASONAL CHANGES? FOR INSTANCE, SOMETIMES MY SKIN FEELS DRY BUT SOMETIMES IT FEELS WELL BALANCED OR A BIT ON THE OILY SIDE. CAN I SWITCH MY ROUTINE DEPENDING ON WHAT MY SKIN NEEDS?
Yes, our skin condition may change through the years depending on several factors including seasonal, hormonal, or lifestyle changes. You can switch routines at any time or mix and match our products to target your specific skin needs. Our Be Gentle™ Routine is best for skin that feels tight, irritated, and lacks hydration because of its purifying and soothing ingredients. While our Be Balanced™ Routine is best for skin that lacks balanced moisture and oil because of its skin smoothing and restoring ingredients.
28. HOW DO I LAYER MY MONAT SKINCARE PRODUCTS?
We recommend our MONAT skincare’s 4 Step Routine to help you layer your products correctly:
Begin with a CLEANSE with either our Be Gentle™ Creamy Cleanser or Be Balanced™ Foamy Cleanser. After cleansing, PREPARE your skin with our Skin Revitalizing Essence™, allow to fully absorb before applying our supercharged timeless serum, Rewind™ Age Control Nectar to TARGET hydration, fine lines and wrinkles. Once the serum is fully absorbed then REPLENISH with a MONAT moisturizer. Use Be Gentle™ Nourishing Moisturizer if you are feeling dry or sensitive or choose the Be Balanced™ Lightweight moisturizer if you have normal or combination skin and need balanced hydration. You should always follow your skin care routine with a mineral sunscreen which would be applied 15 minutes prior to exposure. Remember, the key to a great sunscreen is reapplication throughout the day.
29. WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SKINCARE PRODUCTS THAT LIGHTEN VERSUS PRODUCTS THAT BRIGHTEN THE SKIN?
Lightening products work to reduce the melanin pigmentation on the skin while brightening products increase radiance and help restore vibrancy to skin by removing dull cells. MONAT skincare routines energize, brighten and refine the skin by using our MONAT exclusive natural fruit acids (AHA’s) sourced from sugar, mango, banana, cajá. The blend of acids, glycolic, malic, citric, mandelic, and tartaric acids, have different molecular weights that help support more rapid natural cellular turnover to lift the appearance of age spots, fine lines and wrinkles while simultaneously refining the appearance of pores and promoting radiance for healthy looking skin.
30. ARE MONAT SKINCARE PRODUCTS NON-COMEDOGENIC? ?
While MONAT did not specifically test for comedogenicity, all MONAT skincare products are clinically tested and dermatologist-approved.
Our products were tested by third-party independent laboratories where they conducted Human Repeat Insult Patch Test (HRIPT) on volunteers by dermatologists. HRIPT is a stringent test done on human participants’ skin to assess the potential of skin irritation and allergy potential of a product by repeated topical applications.
They also performed safety under real condition of use tests where during the study, participants record comments and opinions about the products, with specific attention to safety issues, such as stinging, burning, itching, and breakouts. Volunteers were evaluated by board-certified dermatologists at the first visit before using the test product and at each scheduled visit during the study.
To download a PDF version, please click here.